Madiba’s spirit was alive on Saturday, when over 250 St Peter’s Prep families and staff joined their Sefikeng counterparts to give their 67 minutes.
The overwhelming sense of community that prevailed was palpable - passion, care and enthusiasm abounded.
What was accomplished?
1. Painting of school
2. Sanding and painting jungle gyms
3. Sanding and varnishing 100s of desks
4. Washing classroom chairs
5. Modernising library with new software, book sort
6. Fixing lights
7. Washing a lot of windows
8. Retiling and refurbishing the staff room
9. Painting the palisade fence
10. Redesign and replant gardens
11. Jump starting the IT lab
12. Repairing broken furniture
13. Washing mobile classrooms
14. Painting blackboards
It was a wonderful day of bonding and sharing; laughing and working. We made a difference together, as fellow South Africans, working towards uplifting our communities and our country.
Many thanks to the St Peter’s Prep and Sefikeng families!